Thursday, September 04, 2008

True love turns 50

Andy's 50th birthday is September 5, 2008. In celebration and recognition of all he means to me I submit the following 50 Random Yet Meaningful Things I Love About Andy:

1. He loves the Lord
2. He wakes up early and reads the Bible
3. He is faithful
4. He is trustworthy
5. He does the dishes without being asked
6. He has pretty eyes
7. He watches the Food Network with me
8. He can keep a secret
9. He thinks before he acts
10. He keeps his commitments
11. He thinks I'm a better person than I really am
12. He takes me to B&Bs when he'd rather sleep in a tent
13. He loves our kids -- all of them
14. He is a good brother
15. He is unselfish
16. He likes to solve problems
17. He likes my cooking
18. He is patient
19. He writes poetry
20. He gets my jokes
21. He picks up after himself
22. He picks up after me
23. He likes music
24. He took dancing lessons with me
25. He worked in an ice house -- that's cool!
26. He can tie all kinds of knots
27. He is a good son
28. He treats strangers -- even bill collectors -- with respect
29. He plays backgammon
30. He remembers to take out the trash
31. He takes care of our animals -- even though he said we had to
32. He loves coffee in the mornings
33. He knows how to fix stuff
34. He can help the kids with math and science
35. He is a good guesser
36. He doesn't allow me to be someone I am not
37. He considers me
38. He can build stuff
39. He tries to understand me
40. He remembers the sound tracks from movies
41. He knows what words like "étendue" mean
42. He will watch "chick flicks" with me -- occasionally
43. He stands up for what he believes in
44. He prays with me and for me
45. He still holds my hand
46. He likes the Cowboys
47. He doesn't run from a fight
48. He talks to me about politics
49. He doesn't like bullies
50. He comes home to me every night

Happy birthday, Andy. You are my hero.

1 comment:

Kenna said...

Hi Andy,
Happy Birthday and welcome to the 50 and over club!!!
It's really kind of cool as you can now say things like "when I was your age", blah,blah,blah.
But seriously, I just wanted you to know that Tim and I are blessed to have you as our church family elder and a friend. I have come to realize (in my later years) that my greatest blessings from the Lord have come from my relationships with others. You and Vickie are one of those blessings.
May the Lord bless you and yours in the years ahead.
Love ya,
your sister in Christ,
Kenna