Friday, September 14, 2007

Look! What is new has come!

So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away – look, what is new has come! 2 Co. 5:16-17

Isn't it wonderful? A new creation -- a "do over". God is good. I am prone to wander yet He is gracious and remembers me even when I set Him aside and seek my own way. And then just when I need it the most the truth is there -- right in His own words "...what is old has passed away -- look, what is new has come!"

I don't have to be the same old me in the same old way -- I am a new creation -- set apart for holy living. I died to sin -- how can I live in it any longer? Living by the Spirit is what I desire for God called me into holiness. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give me the strength to put off all such things as anger, bitterness, envy, jealousy and selfish ambition. I rejoice that I am being being renewed in knowledge according to the image of the One who created me.

Praise Him for what is new has come!

2 comments:

Leslie λέγω said...

I like that we are not "refurbished" but we are truly new. I can't take the credit for that comment....awesome classmate told me that one this week. :) Good job, Vicki

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to be reminded that I get to be a "re-do". I am also glad that I am reminded how much I love my family; but need to be reminded to be patient in knowing that He is taking care of things whether I am in control or not; and I need to pay more attention to the little things and not worry about what I can't control.

------------terri