Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Turning Tides

It has been a while since my last post...over a year! It seems like accomplishing the tasks on my "To Do" list keeps getting in the way of living my life. This blog being the perfect microcosm of my existence...I look up and a year has passed -- what did I do with all those minutes, hours and days? Did I love my family enough? Did I hugs my kids at all? Did I pet my dog? Did I spend time in the company of my Creator? I know I stressed about money and juggled inflows and outflows and I know my credit report looks good and my creditors are satisfied...for the moment.

But what about my relationships?

God is good to me -- tender and merciful when I waste this gift of my life He has given me by falling victim to stress.

It was sweet Jordan who said it best when she reminded me, "Mom, when you are anxious and stressed out it is a sign that you are not trusting God completely." Outta the mouth of babes.

I am going to do better. I am going to spend more time listening than talking; more time reading than watching TV; more time with people I love than alone; more time alone than with people who are toxic.

I am going to eat better and exercise more; I am going to crochet and knit for my family and friends and maybe for me.

I am seeking love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Pray for me.

No comments: